Thursday, October 25, 2012

Delta Fit Speed Shred Review #1

The Delta Fit Speed Shred DVD series has just arrived today. I am planning to start the program on Monday and giving a weekly review. I will give a short overview of the program no real details. This system consists of 8 DVDs with various workouts that are designed to make you "shredded". The program in it's entirety is 12 weeks and is broke down in to 3 phases that are each individually 4 weeks long. The first 3 discs contain the three phases of workouts. Disc 4 is "High Energy Athletic Training" aka H.E.A.T, basically low impact cardio workouts meant to be done on rest days or days between workouts. Disc 5 is "The Ultimate Body Weight Workout" a 45 minute routine using no equipment. Disc 6 "The Ultimate Kettle bell Workout" 3 routines requiring the kettle bell. Disc 7 "The Ultimate Boot camp Workout" 4 cycles of 10 exercises at a High Intensity Interval type pace. Finally Disc 8 "The Workout From Hell" yes you read that right, this workout is designed to incinerate fat and set your muscles on fire and is based around one key movement the burpee. I always like a workout that includes burpees. The program also includes a diet to follow and a Training Journal to log you successes and failures. The diet included is nothing special and pretty basic to say the least. The training journal is far better than others included in programs that I have looked at in the past. It includes not only a workout log but also a diet log, results tracker and sort of an emotional evaluation log (how were you feeling that day, how did you sleep). And also a questionnaire for each workout. This alone might push a person to attaining better results with this program over the competitors. It should help anyone stick with it a little better than the usual calender with boxes to check off.

The three phases look to be simple enough to follow. The difference in this program compared to the competitors is that it only has you working out 3 days a week. The rest of the week are rest days or optional "H.E.A.T." workout which is just extra cardio. The additional DVD workouts are also recommended for the more advanced audience to do on the optional days or for a new challenge when the phases are complete. A workout plan that gets me shredded only doing 3 separate 30 minute workouts a week..... I like that idea. I am a fitness professional and I know better. The diet included and optional cardio days are a must to make this successful. The description might be misleading to some of the consumers though. That should be a red flag to any beginner starting the program and expecting results by doing the minimum workouts suggested. Along with doing this workout I will also maintain my regular workout schedule. I am not going to post my personal results from the workout..... unless there is some kind of complete body transformation that takes place. I don't expect it though. I am excited about this program to say the least. It was put together by Men's Health Magazine and fashioned by B.J. Gaddour C.S.C.S. who is the self proclaimed Metabolic Master. I have read reviews on this saying it is extremely hard and extremely fun as well. I have no bad feelings going in and hope to share only good comments about the program. I plan to stick to the 3 day program and on the off days I may throw in an optional workout here and there but my running will probably keep me busy enough on the optional/rest days.  Keep your eyes open for a review of my first week of Phase 1 next Friday if I survive the workouts...........

In the mean time get in the gym and get after it, the only one holding you back from success is yourself...... No Excuses!!

12 comments:

  1. How is this system working? I want t get back at getting fit. Wanted your thought's about the system?


    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not recommend it for a true beginner or anyone that is in really good shape. I can only recomend it for someone that once was is good shape and knows their way around a gym for the most part and has decent knowledge of form and is consistent with said form. The workouts in my opinion are not hard enough for a very experienced gym goer and "technically" to hard for a beginner. That is to say the movements are hard to do by them selves and even akward to do some of them with out experience but it doesn't push you that hard. I have only finished phase 1 and 2. I have not written my review of phase 2 because I am reluctant to give the system any positive feedback. I am going to move on the phase 3 and it may change my mind... who knows. And the demonstrations are very weak and not that well done with comparison to other video workouts. Like I said though for an experienced fitness seeker that just needs something to get them back in it this could be just what you are looking for. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

      Delete
    2. terrible grammar and spelling... my bad

      Delete
  2. Brian, I just started the Delta Fit plan. A former Marine, cyclist and avid weight trainer, life got in the way and I gained 30 lbs. I chose the workout because my friend John lost 30 lbs in three months. He only did the three day a week workout and missed some of them. John is 35 and was in decent shape, though he never worked out. I'm 50 and I like the workout. Perfect if you've been out of the gym for a while. It's a break from the running and lifting routine. Diet is equally important. Eat healthy, but eat well. No starving necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree for someone with experience and wanting to mix it up this can be perfect!!

      Delete
  3. Hello, So I got the DVDs for this workout from my friend but he lost the books. I was wondering, could you lay out the weekly regimen? for example:

    Monday: Phase 1A workout
    Tuesday: HEAT workout
    Wednes....etc

    I've been doing the program for nearly a month and have just been doing phase workouts on MWF and Heat Workouts T,Th,Sat and a kettlebell/bootcamp workout sunday but I'd really like the schedule laid out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey

      sorry for no reply. Shoot me an email at bmwtrainer@gmail.com and I will gladly send you the recommended format to follow. The way you are doing it sounds pretty close to it though. The program is pretty much as simple as that phase workouts and rest or heat workouts on the other days but like i said send me an email and I will forward you the format tomorrow.

      Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. What equipment is involved in the workout? I would like to find a work out that I could do at home since family and work has limited my time at the gym. Is this a work out that I could do without having to invest in extra weights (minus getting some kettlebells?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of dumbells I wouldn't recommend this for a home workout if you are on a tight equipment budget!! Thanks!!

      Delete
  5. hi
    im from Australia and trying to buy the dvd s but cant since it restricts the details to usa and Canada only

    Any advise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try another program. The speed shred program is not worth the hassle really. check out CODY fitness app for some great workout suggestions.
      Maybe try p90X or les mills I think you will find better result with either program.

      Delete
  6. Sent you email. Lost my papers along with DVD, workout plan and journals. Please it'll be kind if you if you can send em to me..

    ReplyDelete